Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunny = Cold, Warm = Moisture

The weather patterns have changed for the season, take note. From now on Sunny and clear means cold and warm means moisture and precipitation in the weather The temp has dropped today so pay attention and dress accordingly. If your coming home after dark like I will be, you may want to bring an extra layer for the return trip. Also be careful around bridges and overpasses. Because the don't have ground under them they tend to fluctuate in temperature more than the rest of the roadway. So watch out for freezing on bridges and overpasses.

I'm going to be riding my single speed to keep the salt maintenance down. I'm wearing a thermal windproof jacket with a t-shirt, flannel lined jeans(check Good Will), my fold-over lobster claw gloves and a cycling cap with earflaps under my helmet. I'm also bringing a long sleeve base layer and balaclava for the ride home tonight. Good luck everybody, stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment